Location: Chicago, IL
The Property Accountant has a wide range of responsibilities with the overall goal of providing effective financial management and reporting for each individual property, ensuring that the property’s valuation, cash position and operating results are protected, enhanced, and maximized.
Reporting - Ongoing & Monthly
- Rent Rolls/Rental Income Variance Review: Review for tenancy changes and verify variance analysis prepared by Property Manager.
- Operating Statements: Cash and/or Accrual Basis depending on the owner’s requirements.
- Tenant Billings and Receivables
- Monthly Reporting Package: As required by certain management agreements, compile, review and distribute monthly accounting packages to ownership. Process journal entries, A/P, review monthly G/L to ensure accuracy.
- Tenant Expense Recoveries: Coordinate and assist Property Manager with the annual reconciliation process, including final approval of expense pools, and tenant adjustments.
- Coordinate and responsible for all aspects of the quarterly reports as required by ownerships.
- Review and support Property Managers during budget process.
- Four-year accounting degree
- 2 to 5 years property accounting experience required with retail experience a plus
- Microsoft Office, Yardi
- Customer service oriented
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Infrequent travel required